Finding your artistic passion
Making art is part of the human experience. Whether it is painting, sculpture, poetry, cooking, even the way you dress each day, it doesn’t matter, its part of who we are.
I really believe that anyone who says “I am not creative” is wrong. Its more likely they haven’t tried, or they haven’t really explored what is available. People telly me I am so lucky I can paint, but really, I work at it. I have been practicing for years I put in hours and hours.
We are hard-wired for creativity. It is just a matter of practicing and honing it to a specific craft. And, it is perhaps one of the most rewarding feelings you can have — giving life to something original from within yourself to share with the world purely for artistic value.
Not convinced? Here are 18 reasons you should find your creative passions:
- Art is a lifelong challenge and infinite intellectual puzzle The deeper I progress in my art, the less I feel like I know anything at all. It’s amazing because it provides a sense that so much is yet to be discovered. This inspires internal motivation for not only my art, but all areas of my life.
- You’ll meet interesting people and make real connections Art is a great enabler of opening us up to each other and a guaranteed way to connect with like-minded people.
- Creativity breeds success Whether you work in retail or you’re in marketing, are an entrepreneur, or any part of the business world, it is vital to culture internal creativity. I know it has been an important for me, both in the studio and in the office.
- Do you watch TV? Make art instead What if, instead of being passively entertained, you could actively engage your mind in something that instead of leaving you empty inside, left you fulfilled and glowing. Try it.
- Social media enables you to easily share your results with the world Whether you’re into music, photography or visual art, it’s now as easy as clicking a mouse to share your results with thousands, even millions of people. Even if your art isn’t digital art, you can easily take a picture, make a video, or make a recording and share it online.
- There is no greater feeling of freedom Getting lost in the moment while creating art is liberating beyond anything else I have experienced.
- There is no wrong way You can make anything you want, and if it is pleasing to you, it is successful, there is never a wrong answer. You don’t even have to share it with the world, in fact I probably share only about 1% of what I make with the world.
- Cooking is art, writing is art, comedy is art, photography is art, gardening is art… Art is really whatever you make of it, the definition is so wide open. What I’m getting at is don’t be constrained in your thinking of what art is. Find what creative outlet vibes with your personality and what comes naturally, and you’ll know it’s right for you.
- You will learn things about yourself you didn’t know During hours spent alone engaged in your creative task, your thoughts and mindset will be shifted into a state of complete freedom from stress, anxiety and negativity. Having a flow experience is something beyond words.
- You will challenge yourself and grow One of the most rewarding things about making art is the fact that it is never complete, and once you get really into it, you will start on a quest of deep personal development.
- Making art is the ultimate brain boost Once engaged in a form of art, your mind will constantly be churning with new thoughts, ideas and imagery in a positive way. People talk about mental supplements, vitamins, etc. none of that has any effect. Engaging your brain in creativity and actively creating your own art is the ultimate mental boost that will carry over into your everyday life.
- You might not ever make a dollar off your art, and be completely fine with it I certainly have spent more money on music gear and hours making music than I have received in monetary returns. And, that doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I would be fine with if I had never even made a cent off any of my art. That’s just not the point.
- It will change your way of thinking about the world In a good kind of way. You will start to see beauty and patterns in things you did not before.
- Art is the most intimate form of self-expression And a way to connect with others on a deeper level than anything else.
- Finding meaning You can find incredible meaning in life by pursuing creative expression. It can be just what you need to conquer internal negativity and conflicts and experience personal growth.
- Spending time alone can be beautiful Many of us worry about being alone, we would rather be with others. But, I can guarantee you artists are not among those who fear solitude. In fact, they embrace it and find that time to be some of their favourite moments alive while working on their craft.
- An outlet for excessive emotion Feeling frustrated, depressed, anxious, angry? Art is the ultimate personal healer during stressful times.
- Find passion again If you have lost that incredible passion you once had for life, finding a form of art to work on is a sure-fire way to re-spark it.
Art is something amazing all passionate that everyone can make part of their life. No matter what type of art you make, it is one of the most fulfilling things you can do as a conscious and creative person.
A form of art is within you as well, I am sure of it.